I am responsible. Everything that happens at this daycare is my responsibility and I take it very seriously. I care deeply about the safety, happiness and well-being of the dogs in our care and I’m not happy until I know you and your dog are happy. If you ever have any questions or concerns of any kind, do not hesitate to contact me.
My name is Anthony Barnett and I have owned HSH since 2004 when I bought it from the previous owner who started it in 2002. I run a doggie daycare because I love dogs, I believe strongly in the special nature of the human-canine bond and I enjoy greatly spending time with dog packs and providing a place for dogs to be dogs. Home Sweet Home has been a launching point for my career working with dogs, sharing the human-canine bond, and working to increase public safety.
- I have a business degree from Baker University and completed the Triple Crown Dog Training Academy Distance Education Program.
- I have been on the Lawrence Humane Society Board of Directors for 6 years, and am the outgoing Co-Chair and current Vice Chair.
- I serve in an advisory capacity to the Board of Directors for Kansas City Pet Project and manage their partnership with my organizations to do the Pit Bull EDU free community obedience classes at the shelter.
- I am the founder of Game Dog Guardian, a non profit whose mission is outreach with the human-canine bond and volunteering with human and canine trauma survivors. We work primarily with dogs from animal abuse cases in our rescue efforts and advocate for the benefits of the human-canine bond and do therapy dog outreach with school kids and volunteer extensively
- I have two registered therapy dogs who make weekly visits with me to the PTSD building at the
Topeka VA Hospital.
- I do dog safety education classes for grade school age children with my therapy dogs as well as regularly present at Baker University and other schools on related issues.
- I am on the Board of Directors of the Kansas City Marching Cobras, volunteer with them, and run a humane education and outreach program bringing together the kids and my therapy dogs.
- I have worked with law enforcement in multiple jurisdictions in Kansas and 3 other states on large scale dog fighting busts evaluating the dogs and advising on evidence.
- I have been embedded with the KCMO SWAT 1910 Squad since April 2012 on a new program to assess aggressive dog threats, develop training and tactics and reduce dog shootings by police in the field.
- I am the founder and Executive Director of the Symbiotic Behavioral Treatment Center, a new non-profit who seeks to build a center in the area to treat PTSD and stress and anxiety disorders in people, particularly the veteran community, through an evidence based treatment program augmented with the application of the human-canine bond by pairing with onsite dogs, some of which are also trauma survivors and will be on their own program and path of recovery.
- I have consulted with multiple cities in multiple states on their dangerous dog laws and best
practices in the field.